Event Pro: Françoise Weeks
Email address: email@example.com
Company: Françoise Weeks Floral Design
Company website: http://francoiseweeks.com
- How long have you been a foral designer? 21 years
- Do you have a specialty? I teach botanical couture, woodland and wedding workshops in my studio in Portland, OR as well as all over the US and internationally.
- What are your favorite botanicals to work with? I love incorporating a lot of textures in designs: succulents, interesting foliage, seedpods, etc. I definitely have a preference for small flowers; some of my favorite flowers are hellebores, fritillaria maleagris, muscari, columbine, lilacs, poppies.
- Who attends your botanical workshops? Lots of florists who want to ignite their passion for flowers again, or they want to learn the craft so they can open up a new revenue stream in their own floral business. And some are just hobbyists who love flowers!
- How do you teach someone to be as creative as you are? I try to teach students to look at flowers through different eyes. What speaks to you? I also share the technical mechanics so they can bring their vision all together.
- If you could create florals for any person or event in the world, what would it be? A botanical fashion show
- What do you love best about your HipHolster? It is super convenient to have my phone and basic tools on me ( and not having to waste time to looking for them) – it looks great and is so well made (Françoise is wearing the leather Comcatch hoslter).
- What do you keep in your HipHolster? Clippers, wire cutters, a pen and my phone